Buddhism Experiences Tour – Monk Chat & Meditation
Private 2300 Baht / Per Person (Minimum 2 Paxs)
09:00 – 15:00 HRS.
Drive to Phrathat Doi Suthep Temple, which was built in 1383. It is located 1,050 meters above sea level. See the marvelous golden pagoda, which contains the holy relics of Lord Buddha. Enjoy the panoramic view of Chiang Mai City and the Ping valley from the summit of Suthep Mountain. Doi Suthep Temple can be approached on foot by climbing 306 steep stairs, flanked by tremendous mythical Nagas, which symbolizes humanity’s progress from earth to nirvana.
Then visit to Umong Temple, the most unique temple with tunnels built in the late 14th century and surrounded by many unique trees with messages of wisdom in both Thai and English.
Lunch served at the local restaurant.
Continue to Monk Chat; meet the monks who will explain about the Buddhism, Lord Buddha, Buddhist’s way of life and how to meditate. Experience an interactive communication with Thai monks about general topics and Thai’s way of living in Buddhist Ethics and Thai Culture. Then transfer back to Chiang Mai.
Monk Chat Objectives:
- To provide an opportunity for foreigners to chat with monks informally on general topics
- To provide an opportunity to learn, exchange and discuss the general ideas of Buddhism
- To provide a forum for monks and novices to exchange their ideas with people from different cultures, faiths and ways of life
- To give correct information on Thai Buddhism in a friendly atmosphere
- Air-conditioned vehicles with experienced driver
- Service of English-speaking licensed guide
- Bottled drinking water during the tour
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the program
- Personal Expense
- 7% VAT and 3.5% Service charge for paying by credit card
- Bank fee (depends on how much your bank charge) for wire money to our bank account
- For children under 2 years old will be Free of charge
- For children 2-9 years old we charge 75% of adult price
- For children over 10 years old we charge normal price
NOTE: All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions, tour attractions, tours, flight schedules and availability.