Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle Experiences – Crossing Myanmar & Lao
Private 4800 Baht / Per Person (Minimum 2 Paxs)
07:00 – 21:00 HRS.
Travel to Chiang Rai by road (200 Kms / 3 hours drive) along picturesque scenic routes passing several beautiful northern mountains. Arrive to Chiang Rai and visit to White Temple (Rong Khun Temple); designed by the famous national artist. The main temple building is a distinctive white color, decorated with fragments of reflective glass which can be seen from afar.
Continue to the Golden Triangle (1 hour drive) where the borders of three countries; Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar are met. Visit to Opium Museum, displaying all the stories about the opium and the Golden Triangle. Experience the Boat trip to view the splendor of mighty Mae Khong River, the Golden Buddha Statue and panoramic view of Mekong River.
Lunch served at the local restaurant.
Depart to Mae Sai Town, (30 minutes drive) the Thailand-Myanmar border which is also the northernmost point of Thailand. Stop at the immigration check point to process documents for entry. Cross the Sai River into Tha Chilek Town, Myanmar border and witness local Burmese life in nearby village.
Explore city with a Motor-Tricycle Ride around the town for city sightseeing along Myanmar and Shan-style temples, lanes and side streets, ending at the Local Market; famous for products from Southern China, Laos and Myanmar. Then transfer back to Chiang Mai late evening.
- Air-conditioned vehicles with experienced driver
- Service of English-speaking licensed guide
- Visa to Myanmar
- Bottled drinking water during the tour
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the program
- Personal Expense
- 7% VAT and 3.5% Service charge for paying by credit card
- Bank fee (depends on how much your bank charge) for wire money to our bank account
- For children under 2 years old will be Free of charge
- For children 2-9 years old we charge 75% of adult price
- For children over 10 years old we charge normal price
NOTE: All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions, tour attractions, tours, flight schedules and availability.
For foreigner entering from Tachileik Border via Mae Sai Border use only passport and can do visa on arrival, but please be inform that foreigners entering Thailand via border posts at Mae Sai Border will now be granted only 15 days of stay in the country.
PRICE AND ITINERARY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE